Where would you like to go in 2014? Where would you go if you had unlimited time, money and resources? We all dream of visiting certain places (even when we’ve never been there) as we know innately this is where we’d find relaxation, adventure, happiness…which got me thinking about where would we enjoy as a family?
Younger children don’t know about the wonders of the world; they don’t know what new experiences are out there, they can only relate to what they have already experienced – ask them where they would like to go and they will recall their last holiday and that will be their answer. I wanted my children to create a bucket list of places but it was just too difficult – activities they can talk about but not places – so what places would our children say if they knew them?
Here’s my family travel bucket list by type (and at http://pinterest.com/kidstraveldeals/family-travel-bucketlist/):
1. Museum of Ancient Antiquities, Egypt;
2. Pushkar Camel Fair, India;
3. Angkor Wat, Cambodia;
4. Bedouin camp night Sinai desert;
5. Pyramids of Giza, Egypt;
6. Mayan ruins at Tikal, Guatamala.
7. Drakensberg Mountains, South Africa;
8. Sky Walk suspension bridges and zip wires Monte Verde Rainforest, Costa Rica;
9. Victoria Falls, Zambia;
10. Table Mountain, Cape Town;
11. Cave hotel Cappadocia, Turkey;
12. Camping under the stars Wadi Rum, Jordan;
13. Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica;
14. Kayaking the gorges of the Ardeche, France.
PARKS & WILDERNESS
15. Outer Hebrides (Western Isles), Scotland;
16. Yosemite National Park, California;
17. Everglades National Park, Florida;
18. Glacier National Park, Montana;
19. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming;
20 Wildlife camping in the Masai Mara, Kenya.
BEACHES & ISLANDS
21. Barafundle Beach, Wales;
22. Any island in the Maldives;
23. Cheswick Sands, Northumberland;
24. Benaulim Beach, Goa;
25. Tsamadou Beach Samos, Greece.
CASTLES, PALACES AND MEDIEVAL VILLAGES
26. Dunnottar Castle, Scotland;
27. Alnwick Castle, England;
28. Alhambra, Spain;
29. Medieval hilltop village of Marvao, Portugal;
30. Carcassonne Castle, France.
31. Whale watching Tarifa, Spain;
32. Dolphin spotting Lovina Beach, Bali;
33. Viewing penguins at Boulders Beach, Cape Town;
34. Horse riding in Nyika National Park, Malawi;
35. Meeting dolphins at Monkey Mia, Western Australia.
36. Legoland Billund Resort, Denmark;
37. Disneyland Paris;
38. Harry Potter Studio Tour, London
39. Universal Orlando;
40.Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen (especially at Christmas);