Feather Down Farm Holidays define themselves as posh camping with children. There’s an excellent choice of farms some with availability for October half term. Autumn is a great time to stay at one of their farms – get ready for woodland walks, beautiful bike rides, conker collecting, jumping in puddles, leaf fights and cuddling up, cosy at the end of the day. Here are just two farms with availability at half term to give you a taste of what’s on offer.
Sunninglye Farm is set in the High Weald, Kent an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Your luxury canvas tent will be in a hilltop copse facing outwards with views across the surrounding fields and woodland. Highlights include a Naturewatch Hideout, raft building on the pond, brunch adventure and homemade cakes. Close to Bewl Water for outdoor activities.
New Barn Farm is set in the Bedfordshire Wolds. Highlights including pony grooming, private chicken and guinea pig care, a farm tour aboard farm buggy and safe cycle routes. There is also open access to forestry, lake sides and country parks.
Both cost £445 for the week starting 19 October 2012 and £649 for the week starting 26 October. Mid week breaks and weekend breaks ca also be booked.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night