This is a real winter family holiday experience. Based in the far north of Sweden, 200km inside the Arctic Circle you will experience a dog sledding tour with the added bonus of good chances to see a display of the Northern Lights during the tour. The tour takes you through a magical winter landscape of snow-clad forests and frozen lakes.
Accommodation is in simple, comfortable cabins with a chance on some evenings to enjoy a sauna. Dinner is by candlelight.You will receive full instruction in handling your sled and caring for your husky team. Adults will drive their own dogsled with with their own team of 3-4 Siberian Huskies. Depending on age, strength and size children will either drive their own sled shared one per two persons or travel on a parent’s sled. Adults who do not wish to drive their own sled may choose to share a sled or travel with the guide.
The season runs from mid-November to late April, with tours offered weekly Sunday-Wednesday and Thursday-Sunday including Xmas and New Year. Adults £733, children aged 2-15 £367, children aged 0-2 free of charge (dog sledding is not normally suitable for very young children).
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night