Wow, what a way to see Sri Lanka. Travel by bike through tea plantations, national parks and wonderful beaches. Cycle inland through a multitude of Buddhist and Hindu monuments and colonial heritage that characterises the country’s rich cultural history. Continue deep into the rain forest of central Sri Lanka before continuing to the hill town of Kandy with it splendid botanical gardens. On to the rock fortress of Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa – the medieval capital of Sri Lanka – where bikes are swopped for jeeps and take a wildlife safari in Minneriya National Park. The journey ends in Pinnawela with a visit to the elephant orphanage.
This Sri Lanka by bike tour is suitable for families with children aged 10 and over. Next trip departs 14 Janary 2013. Price includes breakfasts and dinners, airport transfers, comfortable hotels, transport by private vehicle, 21 gear bike, support vehicle, bottled water on cycling days and sightseeing and entry fees plus expert local guide.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night