If you are looking for a last minute escape this May half term then how about a Cornish wigwam holiday on a working organic farm with native rare breed cattle, sheep, pigs and laying hens? With its rugged coastline and beautiful moorland, the south east part of Cornwall is a great area to explore. The Eden Project is also just a few miles away.
These Cornwall wigwams are set in a small grass paddock behind the farmhouse and each wigwam can accommodate 5 people. The wooden wigwam provides warmth and comfort which is not always guaranteed with conventional camping. What I love about this place is the ‘little extras’ that can be provided to make your life easier as well as allowing you to ‘taste’ Cornwall – yummy breakfast boxes with organic eggs and award winning local apple juice; packed lunches with a locally made pasty and homemade cake and even a bottle of Cornish wine or beer can be sourced for you.
A four night wigwam break starting on Friday 24 May is £232 for a family of four; a three night break starting Saturday 25 May is £174.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night