Escape to Carmarthenshire, west Wales this October half term for a luxurious child-friendly, sustainable camping experience. Larkhill Tipis offers five different nomadic camping experiences: the Alachigh is the most luxurious tent originating from Northern Iran; set on the edge of a four acre woodland are two different types of yurts (one Mongolian/one Kazakhastan/Uzbekistan) and surrounded by a flower meadow is a tipi and luvuu used by the Sami people in northern Scandinavia. In the grounds there is a woodland park with swings and a slide. Stay warm with a woodburning stove, blankets, mats and cushions.
What to do: Located half an hour from Cardigan Bay’s coastline with sandy beaches plus horse riding, fishing go karts, a butterfly farm, steam railways, castles and museums in the surrounding area.
Larkhill Tipis has a fair pricing policy with one rate all year round – prices are not increased during school holidays. Nightly rates start from £60 for the tipi, £70 for the yurt and £80 for the Alachigh.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night