The London Lee Valley YHA is set in 10,000 acres of country parks and waterways just outside London in Hertfordshire. This hostel is just a 25 minute train ride from London and is perfect for a family looking for affordable accommodation with water sport, cycling and bird watching opportunties on the doorstep. There are six waterside log cabins next door to an activity centre where kids and adults alike can try sailing, kayaking or canoeing. Caving and climbing are also available if booked in advance. Or why not try white water rafting at the London 2012 Lee Valley White Water Centre.
Rooms from £44, beds from £18. If travelling with children under 5 you are requested to book a private room. Meals are available.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night