Ever stayed in a Friary? Didn’t know you could/never ever crossed your mind? Then this is a great budget hosteling option for your family this February half term. Having recently undergone a £340,000 refurbishment, the Beverley Friary in Yorkshire is a 600 year old restored Dominican friary. It’s an interesting building with many of the original features retained including medieval and Tudor wall paintings and murals. This YHA hostel is clean, spacious and welcoming and offers ensuite rooms for the family.
Things to do: Children will enjoy exploring the large walled garden; discover the market town of Beverley complete with a visit to its Gothic church; explore the valleys and woodlands by bike or foot; visit the cliffs of Flamborough Head and discover the world’s only submarium at The Deep aquarium at Hull home to over 3500 fish (read a review here of this Aquarium http://bookclubmum.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/review-deep-hull.html
Rooms from £38.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night