Domaine des Mathevies is a family-run Dordogne campsite offering an alternative to the commercial camping scene. ‘Small is beautiful’ is their motto with just 30 terraced camping pitches, six rustic wooden chalets, four modern mobile homes and a lovingly restored gite. On site enjoy the swimming pool, tennis court, wooden children’s playground, boule court and cafe/bar/restaurant.
Just five minutes away you can pony ride through the beautiful grounds of a local farm where children can stroke the friendly farm animals. Alternatively, spend the day in a canoe on the Dordogne River where you can picnic, paddle and sunbathe. Back at the campsite join in the weekly campfire baking bread and toasting marshmallows.
Prices: A gite costs from 350 euros, mobile homes and chalets from 250 euros, a cabin from 210 euros all in the low season. A camping pitch is 6.5 euros plus additional charges per person.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night