Wow, I love the look of this place; just wish I could pack my bags and head there tomorrow. Tipping Tipis offer two 6 metre tipis on their 8 acre quinta in central Portugal. This brand new site opens in June 2013 and offers an ‘off the grid’ experience with its solar panels, local spring water for drinking and well water for washing.
The tipis come with a double bed with organic cotton sheets and a handmade quilt – a single and camp bed are also available. Both tipis have their own private shower and composting toilet. There is a large communal kitchen, lounge area plus pizza oven and bbq. You are welcome to help yourself to organic vegetables from the garden.
This area has so much to offer with its nature reserves, markets and river beaches. There’s mountain biking, horse riding and climbing school all in the locality. There is even a Geopark where you can discover tribolite fossils and cool off in a granite swimming pool.
Tipping Tipi’s has an interesting charging policy where a minimum donation of 35 euros a night for 7 nights or 40 euros per night for a minimum of three nights is asked for. The plan is to re-invest donations into developing this off-the-grid experience.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night