Combine a visit to the new Mary Rose museum at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard with a short break at a recently opened boutique hotel in Portsmouth. The Number Four is walking distance from the town and seafront and offers designer bedrooms, complimentary breakfast, free parking, flat screen tvs, high speed wifi.
The new £27 million Mary Rose museum http://www.historicdockyard.co.uk/maryrose2013/?gclid=CJWOjve87bcCFUfLtAodQiUA3A opened at the end of May this year. The museum is built around the Tudor ship that was raised from the seabed in 1982 and is the only sixteenth century warship on display in the world complete with artifacts. The museum is located next to Nelson’s HMS victory and the ships of the modern Royal Navy.
Family rooms at Number Four sleeping two adults and 2 children are available. A typical price on a week night during the school holidays is £145 for a family room and £86 for a double room. Children under the age of two stay free of charge in cribs/cots. Children under the age of 16 stay for free when using existing beds in other rooms. The hotel is a ten minutes drive away from the museum. The Blue Reef aquarium is also a major attraction.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night