In Norway halfway between Oslo (3 and a half hours) and Bergen (4 hours) is Geilo ski resort. This is a fantastic place for a family ski holiday and a great place for beginners with a good choice of easy runs and a few challenging ones for the more experienced. I highly recommended Geilo as a great resort for introducing children to skiing.
Cheap flights with Ryan Air to Oslo and Haugesund together with the Geilo snow holiday package combining ski hire, ski pass and ski school makes for a more affordable family ski option. The snow holiday package is available during weeks 10 to 15 (3 March through to the 11 April 2014) and costs from 1195 NOK (£118)for a child, 1765 NOK (£174) for a youth and 2050 NOK (£202) for an adult. Season runs through till mid-May.
Ski school is available from 4 years up and there are different classes for 4-5 years, 6-8 years, 9-12 years, 12-15 years and 15 years up (including adults). All ski school lessons start on Mondays and end Thursdays. Private lessons are also available.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night