Feather Down Farm Holidays define themselves as posh camping with children. There’s an excellent choice of farms across Great Britain, France, Netherlands and the United States including Locks Farm on the Isle of Wight. This farm is the first Feather Down site on the Isle of Wight and is situated on the tranquil western side of the island.
Camping in one of the two fields behind the farmhouse there is a tidal saltwater creek less than 100 metres from the tents which is part of a protected nature reserve where huge bass and mullet hang out. From the farm you can walk along road and path to the sea at Thorness Bay and the sand and shingle at Gurnard Beach. Rent your own chicken coop, explore the farm and its surrounding area on two wheels (child bike hire), guided nature walks and baby equipment can be provided.
A typical mid week break costs £259 for 3 nights starting 22 April 2014 in a frills tent that sleeps 6 (max 5 adults and 1 child up to the age of 12).
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night