St Ives is a lovely campsite situated in the Ashdown Forest and just perfect if you are looking for a site that allows campfires. You can use the existing fire pits and wood can be bought in the early evening from the owners. The campsite has three fields and two fishing lakes with caravans situated in the lower field.
There are some lovely walks from the site itself including a walk to Hartfield and Pooh Corner the home of Winnie-the-Pooh. A bridle path from the site allows access to the Forest Way, a designated cycle route along a disused railway line. Climbing is also possible at the High Rocks and Harrisons Rocks and the Evolution indoor climbing which is perfect for kids.
Prices per night are £9 per adult and £4 per child (age 3 – 15 years).
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night