This is a real Himalayan family trekking holiday designed for youngsters. Experience Kathmandu with its markets and temples, before taking a flight to Lukla to start the 3 day short trek to Namche Bazaar. Spend a day exploring this Sherpa capital before embarking on 2 day short trek to the monastery village of Thyangboche. Enjoy magnificent mountain scenery, views of Mount Everest, visit pretty Sherpa villages and meet the Sherpa people.
There is full Sherpa support, a first-rate Nepalese tour guide and a good standard of lodge accommodation. The trek allows 6 days to reach the high point at 3860 metres which is the maximum altitude. The holiday consists of 4 night hotel in Kathmandu, 10 nights lodges, 8 days trekking, all meals are included. Suitable for children aged 10+ with its short trekking days.
Land only price: £1,095 adult; £895 child; with flights £1,845 adult and £1,595 child. Xmas departure 22 December 2012 to 6 January 2013 (16 days).
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night