Halfway between Oslo (3 and a half hours) and Bergen (4 hours) is Geilo ski resort. This is a fantastic place for a family ski holiday and a great place for beginners with its easy runs and a few challenging ones. It is highly recommended as a great place for children to be introduced to skiing. Cheap flights with Ryan Air to Oslo and Haugesund and the special offers detailed below make this a more affordable family ski option especially if you book chalet/apartment accommodation with your own kitchen.
This April, there is a special offer of just 99 Norwegian Krone (approximately £11) per day per person for the ski pass which is a great saving on your overall family ski cost (children under 7 do not need a pass). There is also a great ski package option valid for certain weeks in April including 4-7 days with ski school, ski pass and ski rental from 2130 Norwegian Krone (approx £240per adult for 4 days (reduced prices for children). Season runs through till mid-May.
Ski school is available from 4 years up and there are different classes for 4-5 years, 6-8 years, 9-12 years, 12-15 years and 15 years up (including adults). All ski school lessons start on Mondays and end Thursdays. Private lessons are also available.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night