Children under five camp for free at Camping in the Forest’s nineteen campsites across England, Scotland and Wales. All of their sites are set in the heart of Forestry Commission land so there is plenty of family fun to be had in the woods.
At selected campsites this summer, Forest Rangers have a range of fun activities planned ranging from forest survival to orienteering to ‘Dusk Watch’ and ‘Night Vision’ events. Activities vary dependent on the site so please check to see what’s on.
Each site also offers miles of woodland trails that are directly accessible from your tent and many of the sites have adult and child bikes to hire including child seats and tag-alongs.
Prices start from £13.30 mid season and £15.40 high season (starts 26 June in Scotland and 20 July England and Wales).
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night