This year the National Trust is launching five pop up campsites for the month of August only. Malham Tarn in the Yorkshire Dales will be a micro site offering just 12 to 15 tent pitches set amid rolling hills, rugged moorland and just five minutes walk from the Pennine Way. The Malham Tarn family cycle trail makes for a fun family day out being just 4.5 miles in length. With gentle grassland tracks, gravel paths, moderate slopes and just one small incline that may require younger children to push their bikes this is a great family friendly route.
This National Trust campsite opens on the 3 August until the 30 August and facilities include 2 family sized camping pods, showers and flushing toilets, drinking water. Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a lead. A pitch is £22 per night and a camping pod is £65. Further details of this ‘28 day only’ camping experience to be announced via their website.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night