Close to the Portuguese border in western Spain you will find Finca las Cañadas – an eco-friendly safari tent holiday. You will be welcomed by the owners to share their rural finca, a sheep farm situated between two lakes in Extremadura. Each tent is fully equipped and there is a swimming pool on site.
If you and your family enjoy the great outdoors, and your kids would love the opportunity to collect eggs from the chickens, hunt for lizards in the undergrowth and help out with the sheep then this is the holiday for you. To make your stay even more enjoyable, home baked pastries and bread for breakfast can be ordered, an organic vegetable box is supplied, plus dinner can be booked in advance.
In the surrounding area are natural swimming pools, mountain villages and castles to explore. The environment is to be respected here as all energy supplies are generated on site and the finca has its own spring water. From 500 euros per week – tent sleeps up to six. A two and a half hour drive from Madrid.
- Kids go free on family walking holiday in Lake District; from £339
- Up to 40% off PGL Easter activity camps when booked by 27 Feb
- Book a stay in March and get one night free; boutique holiday cottage in Deal, Kent
- Last chance to book Centre Parcs breaks from £259
- Glisten domes – luxury camping in the South of France from £75 a night